Monday, July 4, 2011

Another great Picky Palate Cookie

Not a very interesting title, but I'm really not THAT good at making up titles.  Kind of envious of those who are able to come up with witty titles for their posts.  But anyway, I couldn't look over Jenny's great cookies and not want to make them all, so naturally I made another cookie the very next day!  Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers were just calling my name so when I made my peanut butter run I also bought cap'n crunch cereal for these little bad boys.  I don't normally buy sugary cereal because A.) my husband and I don't allow our girls to eat it (good reason right?) and B.) my oldest has very sensitive teeth so sugary ANYTHING is only in moderation (so for example the chocolate fudge peanut butter cookie stuffed cookie I made the other day she and my youngest had one and Mommy had the rest.. hehe).  Back to what I was saying, I don't normally buy sugary cereal so the girls thought it was a real treat to have it in the house.  I let them each have one bowl of it for breakfast the next morning and that was, I think, good enough for them because it's been in the pantry now for 2 weeks and they haven't asked for it again.  Ok, you caught me.  I made these cookies a few weeks ago and am blogging about them now. 

These cookies are A-MAZ-ING!  I put in a little more crushed Cap'n Crunch than was called for because, well, it just didn't look like enough to me and I am the one making them so it really doesn't matter if I want to add more or not, right?  The cereal really brings out the peanut butter in these cookies and gives it a slight crunch.  Not too much, though, almost just enough.  Completely delicious!

Now since my girls don't eat a lot of sugar AND I had just made the Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Cookies, I ended up giving away most of these and freezing a few more for my husband.  Everyone who tried 'em were asking for more and the recipe.  You seriously won't be disappointed with these cookies.

The next cookie on my list to try from Picky Palate are the Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I just need to give my family a little break inbetween the cookie baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment